DIY Floral Open Shoulder Dress
I wanted to make this dress after seeing something similar on a photo on Instagram. I used Simplicity 1158 for the bodice and added 5 inches to the length of the bodice to give it more of a "blous-ey" affect around the waist. I also added about 6 inches to length of the sleeves.
I used the skirt from Simplicity 1159 and added about 5.5 inches there for my height and heels.
I'm not hugely into floral prints, but I had to have this fabric when I saw it in Joann's. You may be able to find it in your local store, but I didn't see it online.
I made this dress on the shinier side, but if I could do it over again, I'd have made it on the wrong side. A bold print + shininess is a bit too much for me, but I still loved the outcome.
I linked to a similar rayon. Honestly, the rayon may feel much better than a 100% polyester because it can get warm!
I can definitely see myself in another one of these dresses for the spring!
Photo cred: Beckley & Co